Friday 16 September 2011

End of week three - Sunday 11th September

End of week three .... four challenges now complete.


On Saturday 10th September I went to the Circus, challenge no: 33.  The lovely Jude took me to see Giffords Circus for my Birthday!  This is one of the most charming circus companies you can go and see. Each summer Giffords circus take their show to towns in Gloucestershire, pitching their tent and vintage caravans in fields in small local towns, it really is like going back in time.  This years show was 'War and Peace', talk about attempting a challenging story!!  The big top is small and intimate and the players take you through the story with music, rousing song, juggling, acrobatics, knife throwing, and clowning.  There are wonderful moments with horses, geese and doves - its really enchanting and exciting.  One of my favorite memories will be when the lady with the silks daringly span down from the roof of the big top and a little girl in the front row shouted 'Ohh do it again', that little girl giggled and squealed all through the high flying act and inside I was too.  I was lead on a wondrous journey, enthralling and highly entertaining.  I want to run away with the circus!  If you get the chance go and see them next year.  Thank you Jude, it was a lovely present, I had a blast.
http://www.giffordscircus.com/


No 38: 50 hrs yoga - Nil
No 39: 50 hrs running - 2.5 hrs
No 36: 50 snogs - Still nil :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment