Saturday 8 October 2011

Challenge No:42 Organise a treasure hunt for 200 students!

Challenge no: 42 was to do something different at work.  Having taken part in performance called 'Fortnight' during MayFest this year I suggested to the Head of School that we do something similar in order to engage our first years in their first week of university.  After much brain storming with my colleagues we came up with various ideas which became the treasure hunt.  It took a lot of work and planning and I can't take any credit for the success of the  final event which is entirely due to Caroline, Martin, Lesley and all our student helpers, you were all fantastic.  We sent the students all over the campus, got them to find things, do things - some silly and some sensible and send us photos along the way.  At the end we gave them pizza and beer and gave out prizes.  


It was great to watch 200 young people chatting, smiling, working together and making friends - a great reward for lots of hard work and a few sleepless nights. I do hope it has made settling in a bit easier for them.    It certainly made work more interesting and I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed bringing something creative to my job.  I'm rather proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment