Saturday 8 October 2011

Driving me crazy! Challenge No: 40

On the 18th September I went on a driving challenge.  This is organised by the Firefighters Charity where you get the opportunity to drive various vehicles from tractors, jeeps, cranes, fire engines and lorries of various sizes!  I must admit its never been an ambition of mine to be a  'billy big rigger' but my Brother Paul kindly organised this for me, my Mum raised the money for the charity and the thought of meeting a fireman drove (!) me on.  So on a wet and wind swept racing track I got to drive a huge Sainsbury's articulated lorry without a 'greasy side up', a fire engine - with a proper fireman, sirens and flashing lights, a traction engine and a tractor.  Action photos below:
 You have to climb up a ladder to get in!
 'On the floor and looking for more'!
 Parking.....
 Trucker hand signal for 'did good'
 Complete with a real fireman!
 Action shot - I think I am waving.
 Fireman hand signal for 'he was nice'!
 I ran over and flattened 2 bollards - its not easy steering a traction engine!
 Traction engine hand signal for 'dirty hands'.
 There were far too many gear sticks and handles on this tractor, I didn't have a clue what I was doing and drove it far too fast!
I did it!

Thank you so much Paul for organising this and for saving the day when I had 'bubble trouble' and nearly didn't make it.  Thank you Mum and her friends for raising the money so that I could do this.   'Great big sprocket' - challenge no: 40 complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment